The legend of the little fighting Chinese mother lawyer psychic - MFK@80
Mary Fung Koehler is 80 today. So far, these are the lives that she has led:
- Child number 7 of 11 to immigrant parents
- Worker in the family Chinese restaurants in Chicago during the depression
- 3rd female to graduate from the University of Illinois in chemical engineering
- Employed as a chemical engineer
- Married to Jim and a wife for almost 3 decades
- Mother to Karen, Debbie, Susan, Jennifer and Gregory
- Law student when pregnant with Susan, Jennifer and Gregory
- Practicing lawyer in Lake Forest Park for 2 decades
- Real estate agent
- Predictor of IQ's - the most famous being that Greg's dog Izzy's IQ was higher than that of George W. Bush.
- Dowsing fanatic and believer in all things intuitively magical.
MFK taught us to stand our ground. To fight for what is right. And that women were just as capable as men, if not better (she was and is a bit of a female chauvenist).
Happy Birthday Mom!